- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Ultimately, we want your contact lens fitting experience at our office to be a positive one so we try to make our Contact Lens Fitting Policy simple and fair to everyone.
For those who have never before worn contact lenses you will require a contact lens fitting. In our fitting we provide you with an initial, starting supply of contact lenses and will teach you how to insert them and how to remove them from your eyes. We also provide you with a starter kit with contact lens solution, a lens case, and instructions on how to care for your lenses and your eyes. You will wear this supply of lenses for one to two weeks so you can get a feel for the contact lenses. We want to be sure you are happy with your vision through the contact lenses and that the lenses are comfortable. If you are happy with them at the end of the initial wear period we can order a regular supply of contact lenses for you. If you are not happy with the initial supply of lenses then we will try another brand of lenses to ensure good comfort and vision. For this service we charge a contact lens service fitting fee.
For those who are already regular wearers AND you have written contact prescription AND at least one pair of lenses to wear and evaluate AND you are satisfied with how they are working then we will renew your contact lens prescription without a contact fitting charge as long as you are having a regular eye exam to evaluate your ocular health.
For those who are already regular wearers AND you have the boxes that your lenses came in AND at least one pair of lenses to wear and evaluate AND you are satisfied with how the contact lenses are working then we will renew your contact lens prescription without a contact fitting charge as long as you are having a regular eye exam to evaluate your ocular health.
For those who are already regular contact lens wearers AND you are unhappy with your fit or brand of lenses OR if you require a change in contact lens power for improved vision, then we will charge a contact lens service fee along with your eye exam. This service does not have to be done concurrently with an eye exam but you should have had a regular eye exam within the year of contact fitting services.
Contact Lens Wearing Guide
Contact lenses allow temporary freedom from wearing glasses that can enhance our lives, but there are risks that you should be aware of. Some of these risks include eye infection, infections corneal ulcers, blurred vision that comes with corneal edema, ulcers or overwear. These conditions may cause loss of vision if not quickly identified and promptly treated.
Call our office immediately if you notice:
1. increasing ocular redness
3. Unusual sensitivity to light
4. Blurred vision
5. Eye discomfort upon insertion of contact lenses
Properly caring for your contact lenses is more important than you think. The most risk to contact lens wearers is bacterial infection, however a select few have had fungal infections which are much more difficult to treat. Below are some tips for caring for your contact lenses:
1. Never re-use the same contact lens solution: discard it after inserting your contact lenses in every morning.
2. Never put your contact lenses in tapwater: this can increase your chances of developing infection and can dehydrate soft contact lenses.
3. Buy a new case every three months: Contact lens cases get dirty easy and can quickly become a place where bacterial agents can thrive.
4. We recommend rubbing your lenses for about 5 seconds on each side immediately after removal from your eyes.
5. Follow your optometrists advice for wearing schedule and do not overwear your lenses. Disposables were made to be thrown away.
6. Follow your optometrists advice for contact lens cleaning solution.
To download a copy of a contact lens care guide here by clicking below: